Using a Myki card to travel around Melbourne.
- For tram you touch on once at the beginning of your journey
- For train you have to touch on at the beginning and end of your journey
- For buses you have to touch on at the beginning and end of your journey
- If you are travelling only within the free tram zone you do not need to touch on.
- In Melbourne they stand on the left hand side on escalators rather than the right.
The Public Transport Victoria Myki how to guide can be found here.
As a pedestrian it’s worth knowing cars can turn left on a green pedestrian light. Pedestrians have right of way but it’s worth knowing that cars might take the turn.